Friday, July 27, 2007

Thank You and Tonight We Find Out!

OK, so it is now 4 p.m. I am sitting here dressed in my "formal" bologna attire, (I still have not figured out why we dress formal/serious for this quirky event, but maybe someone will enlightenment me tonight); and I am nervous like a kid before their "big game play".
Pardon the analogy from sports, this comes courtesy of watching my son's nerves before big games in high school days. Perhaps it is really related to the lack of sleep for the past 6 weeks. Whatever it is, I have huge thank yous to give to my co-workers/friends and family. I don't like to ask for help; I don't like to "owe" people. I think of myself as a giver, and for the first time in my life I have "taken" from several individuals; and taken is a small word to use to describe their extreme generosity of time, talent and money.

We met/exceeded our original goal to raise more money then anyone has ever raised before. Like a kid, i cannot keep it a secret and we have shared with a few "key" people from Yale about our tremendous success. I hope that they realize that our zealousness is really just extreme satisfaction with an accomplishment that we ourselves questioned at the onset.

Irregardless; win or lose the crown; I have gained something very special in this experience. I have for the first time in my life allowed others to HELP me, and I have learned to accept their giving and generosity. This gift in itself, is better then any crown, award, recognition, that one could get in life. Learning to receive and be grateful for the gift God has given me in my friends, co-workers(some of the greatest people you could ever work with) and my family. Sitting back and accepting their support has taught me to be grateful for what is good in my life and to be thankful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon me.

May God Bless everyone who helped, donated, and sent well wishes. Thank you and I will update you tonight on the outcome!

No comments: