Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bologna Queen!

We did it~ I am the "official" bologna queen! Thank you again, our grand total for money raised is 19,550 dollars! This total, is 6,000 more than any other candidate has raised as an individual. We are all very excited. Last night, after the crowning, I immediately went to my "mums" and we have some great pictures, and I have some great memories of their comments and hugs. The "chamber" officials are ecstatic over our success. I use the terms we, because this entire process was successful due to the team work and dedication of everyone involved.

So what next? I owe my queen mums/knights a prime rib dinner with shrimp, (the staff are included in this event, and I have had "several" volunteers from the community offer to help us). Also, starting next week, we will be honoring a queen mum, or knight with a weekly royal subject recognition, and special day for someone we draw randomly to be the new royal subject. They will get a crown to wear, a sash, and a special meal with a staff member of their choice.

Today, it is back to work; we are to be in the bologna tent by 9, to set up for today's cooking, and selling. This is the busiest day of the festival, and by noon we will probably have sold over 1,000 bologna sandwiches...We have the pet parade, a 5K run, and then the big parade tonight at 6:30. I think tomorrow sleeping to at least 8 will be a good thing!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Congratulations Queenie! I hope you wear your crown to class tonight!!