Friday, July 13, 2007

Kids Night!

WOW! Thanks to everyone who attended, volunteered or worked at our first ever kids night. This event was an incredible success. We had over 165 children, and at least 100 adults in attendance. The question I have heard already, "are we doing it again next year"? The answer is that we will consider it! I think the best part of the night for me was watching our elders take part and help with the event. We had several helpers either with the games, or building bears or greeting people who came in.
One of my queen mum's instructed me to go get her antique teddy bear from her bed to share with the kids she was talking too. Great stuff all the way around.

This type of event reminds us of what is right about what we are doing. It was 100% community and person centered focused. Despite the exhaustion, (I think my dietary staff who volunteered had the biggest work out!); we all felt a sense of accomplishment and success at the end of the night as we accepted our thank you's and congratulations on a great event. Thanks Again!

No comments: