Thursday, September 20, 2007

Taking the crown on the road for great causes...

OK, so the elders found my pictures from convention funny...Just so you all know that your picture with crown and sash has been viewed by my queen mum's and knights. Yours truly also has a horrific picture out there with real "bologna" on her head. The moral of this story is never enter into a verbal contract with an attorney for a donation. They will hold you/hound you until you fulfill your commitment. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson.

Irregardless, the crown and sash were great talking points regarding our small town, the festival and getting the message about the "good" that came of our fund raising out there.

In fact, one of our keynote speakers shared his website with me and I am going to be linking to this site. It is being touted as the "world's largest blog party" and the purpose is to get 1,000 bloggers to work for a period of time to raise money for a charity and then blog about what they are doing. The premise is that if 1,000 people raise 1,000 dollars that is 1 million dollars being raised to enrich the lives of others. Pretty nifty concept, and one that we (the queens, knights and I) can embrace. Our first fund raiser is tomorrow for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

I am a registered walker for Sunday's Michigan event. We will be hosting a small staff lunch tomorrow with the intent of raising 100 dollars in matching money to my 100 dollar donation.

I am walking as part of Mona's Angels. Mona is a little girl who is full of spunk and energy. She is a beautiful energetic child who happens to have diabetes. Her illness does not slow her down. She is a great little dancer, (her dance troupe has won many awards) and she lights up the room when you meet her. Truly a special little girl that would inspire anyone to raise money for a cause that will benefit countless children like herself.

During the next 6-8 weeks we will be hosting a few small fund raising events to create some philanthropic thoughts for my staff, my queens and to continue our quest to make this a better world for you and I to live in; one dollar, one word, one event at a time.. If you have a cause or worthwhile event that you would like us to help with; let us know, we may just be able to assist!

Having personal fun is great; but when we can have fun and create a little enjoyment for someone else; that is priceless and what matters most...

No comments: