Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Adventures of the Bologna Queen...

So, a new idea was given to me this week. People who know me; should be running for the hills; Jana with an idea - scary...

Anyway; the idea was from our lovely bologna festival chairwoman who suggested that as I travel for business or pleasure; that I take the crown and sash, and a t-shirt or two and get pictures for the Yale website; with this blog as the on going saga of the bologna queen. Sounds like a great idea to me on a couple levels; 1. I love to travel 2. I am not shy 3. It will be a great way to promote the bologna festival!

So the first adventure is set for the weekend of Sept. 6th-10th. Yours truly will be taking a short vacation with her best friend Sandi. (these should be great pictures)! We are going to the city of New Orleans for a reprieve from our daily grinds. I can only begin to imagine the fun the "bologna queen" will have in the big easy....

With that said we are going for "cooking classes" one of the four days we are there, we have a top hotel, (can you say pampering?) and we are only moments from bourbon st. This little travel adventure came to us on the same day in the form of an email from starwood. I called, turned in points and the rest is going to be a great memory!

The fun fact about this trip that we just discovered last week? The original hotel we wanted to stay at is booked solid for a cardiovascular conference. (Hotel filled with heart surgeons..I feel chest pains already...) So..what's a queen to do? Get a better hotel, and then perhaps indulge in a few libations at the hotel bar with the Dr.'s... With the goal of having a little harmless fun and to get as many business cards/emails as possible to send the next "wave" of bologna seeking funds for next year.

See how my mind works?

Jana


Mug Shot Updates;

Watch for updates as we travel... Oh and one more item; the web service I have at home is giving me complete fits about down loading pictures. By the end of September we will have a new service that will allow me to put up a link to the bologna queen photo albums...Watch for it to be posted shortly...


If you see an unlikely queen walking thru the crowds on bourbon st. beware; your picture and business card are being sought!

No comments: